Since the first audio recording made in 1860 by Édouard-Léon Scott de Martinville the recording, it was one of the centers of human activities. Can you imagine your life today without your favorite songs with you or a life without sound? Behind all of the music, opera, songs or cd that enhances our life is the audio engineer.
Thanks to the collaboration with Da Vinci Publishing and the Morsasco Castle, I am artistic director of the project DV Studio that allows artists to record high-level project into one of the most beautiful scenery of North Italy, in the heart of Monferrato.
The audio engineer is the head of the sound department on set, and more specifically of the audio that all world listen every day. My duty is to collaborate side by side with the artists to guarantee the highest quality of their final products at the most affordable price. During recording, my responsibilities are extensive, including the placement of microphones, set of the software, all related to the surrounding space, its size and echo.
WHAT TO EXPECT
In this role, together with my thirty-years musician activity, I want to concentrate my interest in little productions that involved artists in solo, duet and trio projects attending to:
- “The journeys of Rubens” – Virtuoso Lute Music from The Courts of Europe (Centaur Records CRC 3146) ROLE: Recording, Editing, Mastering
- Joackim Van den Hove – Florida, 1601 (BrilliantClassics 94962) ROLE: Recording, Editing, Mastering
- “Si Amores me han de Matar” – Musica Italiana y española para vihuela de mano (Centaur Records CRC 3146) ROLE: Recording, Editing, Mastering
- Robert De Visée – “La Musique de la Chambre du Roi” (BRILLIANT Classics 94154) (Diapason d’Or 2011) ROLE: Editing
- Robert De Visée – “La Musique de la Chambre du Roi” Vol. 2 (BRILLIANT Classics 94437 ) ROLE: Editing
- Robert De Visée – “La Musique de la Chambre du Roi” Vol. 3 (BRILLIANT Classics 95029) ROLE: Editing
- Pasquini – Passion Cantatas (BRILLIANT Classics 94225) ROLE: Musical supervision
ABOUT THE RECORDING EQUIPMENT
6 Microphones: 2 AKG C451, 2 AKG P170, 2 JOEMEEK JM37
Key Technical Features: MacBook Pro, Tascam US 18×08, Portable Multichannel Recorder DR-680 Mk II
Software: Logic Pro X, WaveLab